Full Job Description
A Technology Territory Leader within IBM means providing a clear, single point of ownership structure, and leading Senior Sales Managers to drive integrated solutions that deliver extraordinary value and accelerated successes. Both for clients and IBM's business results.
It means being a technical visionary. Someone able to paint convincing pictures of the future that apply IBM technologies, infused with modern IT architectures, which are integrated with offerings that clearly show clients how their most complex problems will be solved.
With an executive presence, technology expertise and deep market knowledge, you'll be a strategic technical advisor, educator, and influencer to the c-suite. Orchestrating multiple technical sales teams and leaders across IBM and 3rd party seller Partners, you'll develop and execute strategies that consistently deliver success.
Excellent onboarding will set you up for positive impact, whilst ongoing development will continue to advance your career. Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always connected to a wider team, you'll be surrounded by other leaders and colleagues. People who are always willing to help and be helped as you scale your business, with and through your team, as they compel clients to continually invest in IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
A natural at inspiring and motivating others, you'll lead the positioning of IBM's people, products, and services as core to your clients' technical architecture, today and in the future, as you continually achieve growth in your team's revenue.
Advocating for leading-edge technologies and digital transformation, with an emphasis on Cloud and AI, you'll pave the way for your teams' continued successes and development by bringing the full technology power of IBM to your clients. People who will be receptive because of your natural ability to create trusted and enduring relationships that establish IBM as an essential partner in solving their hardest technology problems.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing, your team is excelling, and your clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this opportunity may include, but not be limited to:
- Align brand-driven growth initiatives in their territories to target white space, and facilitate Business Partner growth strategy in their territories to scale.
- Drive the deepening of the relationship and revenue share from the focus accounts
- Collaborate with the Country Transformation Leader on engaging stakeholders, and executing on strategic initiatives in their territories.
- Monitor growth in their territories, report progress and sales results, and continuously identify business opportunities and risks.
- Leveraging broad and deep technology expertise to provide highly contextual insights into the benefits of emerging technology adoption.
- Connecting a broad network of technical experts, serving as the single point of accountability for IBM product and service quality, and playing a central role in resolving client-critical situations.
- Providing thought-leadership direction to teams for the client's innovation agenda. Bringing an outside-in perspective whilst recommending disruptive technologies and approaches to scale new value capture.
- Using appropriate architectural methods, thinking, processes, models, and assets to guide all solution design decisions.
- Driving the end-to-end sale of products and services - engaging support, specialty, and technical colleagues /contacts whenever necessary whilst promoting cross-brand solutions and leading negotiations to secure wins.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Veteran-level technical sales leadership experience with a track-record of winning through collaboration, resilience, empathy, and innovation. A natural at inspiring and motivating others to succeed in highly complex, enterprise-scale technology sales environments.
- Expert, technical knowledge around cloud, data & AI, automation, security, and storage technologies, in addition to deep industry knowledge and contemporary methods for co-creating client solutions, with and through others.
- Palpable people, communication, and collaboration skills, with a proven record of c-suite networking and influencing throughout the successful closure, and post-closure expansion of complex technology sales cycles. (c. $multi-million deals).
- Experience of using agile techniques in addition to contemporary technology sales methodologies (e.g., consultative /Challenger selling) to successfully deliver in a way that's both nimble and fast and leads customers to our products vs. leading with them.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience of working with any of IBM's products and services (Training across IBM's product suite is provided)